Advantages of Using AI in Mobile Apps Development
Many apps are transforming the way we live. Mobile app development is booming in the health, financial, and food sectors. According to Statista, in the first quarter of 2020, there were more than 4 million apps for Android and iOS.
The competition in the mobile app market is growing, so the developers are exploring ways to enhance the customer experience using artificial intelligence.
AI is at the foundation of technological development and transformation. App development is one of the areas where AI is driving the evolution of customer experience.
AI applications in mobile apps such as image analysis, self-learning, security, data processing help make user interactions engaging and learn more about the customers.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Machine learning technologies (Machine Learning, ML) initiate and facilitate the cognitive system's functioning during engagement and learning processes. Mobile app development uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to learn about the user's behavior, habits, and other personal aspects. As a result, apps become more interactive and offer intuitive experience to users.
There are three main areas in which Artificial Intelligence contributes to the transformation of app development: customization, personalization, voice recognition, predictive analysis and messaging, and context-aware computing.
Advantages of Using AI in Mobile App Development
Thanks to AI solutions, mobile app developers and marketers are now closer to understanding user behavior through actions, preferences, purchases, etc. Deep learning is a science that involves the ability to "teach" machines to recognize these actions, and then apply this "knowledge" to solve various complex queries. This approach also allows us to study user behavior models, making interaction with it personalized and smooth.
The main advantages of Artificial intelligence (AI) in mobile app development:
- Quick search. Modern users want to get the information they are interested in as quickly and efficiently as possible. As a result, voice search is becoming a trend. Siri and Cortana - have become a great addition to the general search on the Internet. Optimizing websites for voice search is becoming a necessity because soon, it will become an essential element of user experience and search engine ranking.
- Effective communication. Chatbots help streamline communication between the mobile app and the user. Based on artificial intelligence technology, chatbots are learning to recognize and mimic emotions that are difficult to distinguish from human ones. More and more online users interact with mobile apps and websites through chatbots. Thanks to the introduction of artificial intelligence, interaction with chatbots will become similar to communicating with a real consultant in a regular store.
- Quality user experience. Artificial intelligence makes user interactions in mobile apps more intuitive and personalized. AI-powered sentiment analysis used in mobile app development can interpret a user's emotions and understand his opinion about the product/service/information. Moreover, AI-infused technologies such as NLP, image, and intelligent character recognition help enterprises gain customer loyalty by automating manual work. For example, AI-powered OCR makes banking apps more efficient and simplifies transactions.
Why use AI in Mobile App Development?
Back in 2016, 71% of consumers said they wanted more personalized advertising.
Many free mobile apps rely on advertising to generate revenue. AI takes advertising experience to the next level by analyzing content data and optimizing ads to fit users' interests.
For example, companies such as Amazon and Netflix are already using it to reach specific customers.
One such technique is dynamic creative optimization. The algorithm produces ads that will positively interact with a specific user - according to their demographic indicators, location, and previous interaction experiences.
Examples of AI-powered mobile apps
Artificial intelligence boosts the revenue of mobile apps. In 5 years the AI software market worldwide is set to
grow to $126
And these are the most understated forecasts. According to popular analytical publications, several hundred of the world's largest app development companies are actively implementing computer vision and machine learning to expand their reach and grow revenues.
Here are some ideas for AI-powered mobile apps.
Health and Nutrition Apps
AI-powered predictive analytics collects user data, analyzes it, and draws valuable insights. Predictions become
more accurate with more data fed into the mobile app.
Nutrition apps can simplify calorie counting and logging of meals by adding food recognition technology.
AI-powered apps can analyze sleep patterns, workout routines, and recommend adjusting lifestyle based on the predictions they make.
The mobile health market is growing, and with the development of telemedicine, apps that focus on recognizing and predicting symptoms will gain more popularity.
Recommendation Mobile Apps
Popular apps use artificial intelligence to measure user behavior and provide them with personalized product recommendations. Whether it is an e-commerce app or a travel app, it helps customers quickly find what they need.
Recommendations help reduce cart abandonment, increase revenue, and drive upselling.
AI-powered technology analyzes user preferences and suggests what to buy, read, or watch next. Users love recommendations because they help them save plenty of time searching for products or services.
AI in Gaming Mobile Apps
As an example, take a project such as AlphaGo, which is based on the general principles of machine learning and can beat the most powerful gamers. When developing AlphaGo, the authors used only the most elementary theory of the game. The program reached a high level of play, learning independently of many professionals. The development team plans to apply AlphaGo's expertise to develop medical diagnostics.
Experts have developed an application for testing AI on Android smartphones
Specialists in the fields of machine learning computer vision have created a mobile app that evaluates smartphones'
performance for working with artificial intelligence in real-time.
The test results will be useful to AI researchers, component manufacturers, and Android developers. Thanks to the information received, they will be able to find out and correct the shortcomings of the devices to improve the efficiency of their work with AI. It will have a positive effect on Android app development.
Why outsource AI software development for mobile apps?
Here are the steps to create your AI-powered mobile app:
- Come up with the idea that solves the specific problem of your target audience.
- Explore the market to see how others are implementing AI-based architecture.
- Chose a Data Science vendor that can offer you a customized and independent end-to-end solution.
Outsourcing Data Science is the most cost-effective and efficient option for mobile app developers. It allows the developer to focus on the app creation process, UX/ UI, and marketing. At the same time, data scientists work on gathering the data, training models, and developing solutions to transform the app with AI-powered technologies.
Having an in-house Data Science team can cost over $300,000 a year, and with the scarcity of talent, it can take up to a year to find a recruit a qualified Data Scientist.
You can kick start your AI-driven mobile app development with minimum investment if you outsource Data Science. The high ROI you will receive from infusing artificial intelligence into the app is undoubtedly worth it.